SUPERCONCEPTS BRINGS YOU
2016 SMSF Specialist Courses dates
Tue-Thu, 10-12 May
Tue-Thu, 13-15 September
Tue-Thu, 11-13 October
Tue-Thu 6-8 September
Tue-Thu, 13-15 September
Tue-Thu, 6-8 September
Tue-Thu, 20-22 September
SuperConcepts joins the University of Adelaide in bringing you an in-depth three day SMSF Specialist course
Designed by a team of leading SMSF education professionals and presented by highly regarded industry experts, this course is one of the most comprehensive and technically advanced SMSF courses available.
The SMSF Specialist course has been developed with the University of Adelaide for advisers and accountants wanting to specialise in SMSF advice at a technically proficient level.
This in-depth face-to-face course focuses on key SMSF learning areas which are explained in detail. Attendees are also provided with a reference workbook with numerous examples and strategy considerations. The SMSF Specialist course satisfies ASIC RG146 SMSF specialist knowledge requirements, and it assists in preparing those wishing to take the SMSF Association’s SMSF Specialist adviser examination.
The SMSF course is supported by an in-house team of SMSF education specialists and is facilitated by David Busoli, Philip La Greca and Nick Ali all who have expert experience helping SMSF practitioners design and implement SMSF client strategies.
Why should you attend?
You will gain:
- Thorough knowledge in all key SMSF learning areas.
- Knowledge of how to apply the most recent legislative SMSF changes.
- Skills to design and evaluate SMSF client strategies.
- Satisfaction of the RG146 SMSF Specialist knowledge requirements.
- Recognition of your SMSF knowledge and competence with a certificate issued from the University of Adelaide (International Centre for Financial Studies) and SuperConcepts.
Who should enrol?
Financial advisers, para-planners and accountants needing to:
- Satisfy the ASIC RG146 SMSF Specialist knowledge requirement.
- Preprare for the SMSF Association's 'SMSF Specialist Adviser' (SSA) qualification and designation
- Refresh their SMSF knowledge and understanding of current legislative provisions.
CPD Points awarded
With successful completion of the assessment, you will be awarded the following CPD points:
- 62 SMSF Association CPD points
- 24 Financial Planning Association CPD points.
- 24 Tax Practitioners Board CPE points.
Format and cost
- Duration: Intensive 3-day presentation, consecutive days, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. Classroom style/workshop.
- Format: Delivered face-to-face by expert SMSF educators. Assessment: Optional online assessment available.
- Refreshments: Morning or afternoon tea and lunch are provided.
- SMSF Specialist Course - Attendance only $1,500.00.
- SMSF Specialist Course plus Adelaide University Exam $1,665.00.
- SMSF Specialist Course plus SMSF Association SSA Accreditation Exam (for AMP aligned advisers only) $2,210.00.
What the course covers
You will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Defining a SMSF.
- Pros and Cons of SMSFs.
- Establishing a SMSF.
- Who can be a member of a SMSF?
- Who can give advice?
- Trustee responsibilities & penalties.
- Drafting Investment strategies.
- Practical consequences of the sole purpose test and investment standards.
- Practicalities of Limited Recourse Borrowing Arrangements including related party loans.
- Borrowing arrangements via alternative structures.
- Working with the Investment restrictions.
- Who and what entities are related parties and what does this mean.
- Role and responsibilities of auditors including mandatory breach reporting.
- Financial reporting V compliance reporting.
- Peculiarities of SMSF taxation.
- Non arm's length income issues.
- Useful insurance policy strategies.
- Anti-detriment and future liability deductions.
- Working with the small business CGT concessions.
- SMSF benefit entitlement issues.
- Working with SMSF pensions – what makes them different?
- Practical asset segregation.
- Using reserves.
- Estate Planning – Who and what can be paid and how to avoid beneficiary disputes.
- Winding up an SMSF - what you need to do.