SUPERCONCEPTS BRINGS YOU
Tuesday 17th May
Wednesday 25th May
Thursday 19th May
Thursday 26th May
Tuesday 24th May
This face-to-face workshop provides a thorough understanding of the rules and requirements applying to limited recourse borrowing arrangements in SMSFs. You will learn how these arrangements and properly structured and eventually unwound. Alternative and often more favourable arrangements to limited recourse borrowing that produce a similar outcome are also discussed. Most importantly, the new rules regarding related party loans will be covered in depth, including the most efficient strategy alternatives for the implementation.
What you will learn:
You will gain technical knowledge, skill and understanding in:
- The effect of the background to the provisions on grandfathering and the structure generally
- Restrictions on underlying assets, holding trust considerations, financing issues and other related legislative considerations
- Implementation trust deed and investment strategy issues and solutions
- Alternative property acquisition strategies for SMSFs and their applicability to client scenarios - associated strategies including debt forgiveness
- How to interpret the latest related party loan guidelines including practical strategies for implementation and compliance.
Who should attend?
Following completion of the course you will receive:
- 5 Financial Planning Association points
- 8 SMSF Association points with optional assessment
(for additional CPD points there are 20 optional multiple choice questions to complete online after attending the workshop.)
- This is an interactive 3.5 hour workshop with group discussion and detailed case studies
- A light lunch is included
- Your learning is supported with a detailed reference manual.
Have a question?
Would like to register your interest for future events, or would like to provide a suggestion for a future Masterclass topic?
If you would like to discuss organising a tailor-made workshop, please get in touch.